Monday 17 March 2014

the first movement

I am finally starting my passion project. After much difficulty and changing my mind many times I have decided to do it on playing piano. I will not be learning how to play the piano, I have been playing for many years. In fact, this is the first year since I was 6 that I haven't been taking lessons. I quit piano lessons because I just didn't have time, I wouldn't be practicing enough so I was not progressing and I gradually got more and more frustrated with the material, but it is still important to me that I keep it up and don't lose my skills entirely. I haven't been very good at that on my own, I'll sit down and play every once in a while but I feel like this project is perfect because it will motivate me to play often and work hard to play well.

My goals for this project are to master a few songs and upload videos of me playing them. I am planning on creating a YouTube channel and I will share a link when that is done, as well as links to each separate video that is uploaded. I would also like to set time aside each day if possible to practice, and get back into a regular practice routine. This might be difficult because I am involved in other activities outside of school but I will do my best to make it happen. 

2 comments:

  1. I like the creative title of your post; the musical connotation is clear, and it draws readers in more effectively than, "Intro".

    This project should help you maintain and develop your skills, and I'm looking forward to hearing your progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice passion idea, Zach
    I used to play piano too, but I just lost time to do it, so props to you for making time for it. I also like your idea to make a youtube channel to show your progress, this method allows followers a audible and visual version of your progress. I am wondering, however, what type of musical genre you will be focusing on (classical, jazz, etc).

    ReplyDelete